The Oracle of Notre Dame
Welcome to the Oracle of Notre Dame! Please select the names of two major college football teams, and the Oracle will find a conference connection between them:
- Notre Dame is not in the database, because it's never been in a
football conference. (You see, the name of this site is sarcasm.)
- None of the Ivy League schools has ever played football in another
conference. Therefore, you cannot connect your school to Harvard or
- Two different teams from the same conference have one degree of
separation. You really shouldn't need the Oracle of Notre Dame to
tell you the conference connection between Ohio State and Michigan.
- Here are some stats about the
Oracle's data set.
- The conference data before 2003 were downloaded
site, courtesy David Wilson and James Howell. I supplied
conference data for 2003 through 2015 myself. The latest changes are
Maryland and Rutgers' moves to the Big Ten, and Louisville to the ACC,
and resulting fallout, in 2014.
- Only teams from major conferences are considered. The definition
of major is whatever James Howell cared enough about to list in his
- Data not guaranteed to be accurate, nor complete.
- Why does the Oracle of Notre Dame return all results in past
tense, even for future alignments?
- The Oracle's vision spans all time: past, present, and
future. To the Oracle, all time appears to be the past.
Page Copyright © 2003-2015 Carl Banks.